Saturday 24 February 2018

The Trim and Bound Armhole. Finished.




Finished!





For my last jacket I slipstiched the sleeve lining to bodice lining. NEVER AGAIN.  It was a messy job to slip stitch concave to convex, (then the horror of the sleeve cap gathers) with a slippery fabric.  This time I made a strip of bias binding from the silk lining and hand sewed it to the overlocked armhole.  Much neater, less bulk and feels better.


Hand sewing the chain to the hem.




I found these perfectly matching beads at Gemworld, Geebung.  They have an amazing collection.

But I'm not sure how to incorporate them into the trim.



This trim will go around center fronts, neck and sleeve hems.  It's self-fabric strands that are macremè knotted around ribbon that will lay over 1" frayed bias strips.  I ran two parallel rows of straight stitching and pulled them up.  It didn't result in a gather, but a more condensed and fuller strip.   I used a the wide prongs of a teasing comb to fray the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment